Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

01-11-2012

United States

216 Signins

683 Page Views

• Views: 683
  • Message 1 of 3

Micro USB Question

2012-07-30, 12:16 PM

Hi all!

I'm getting my tablet today, and of course I'm getting both the keyboard folio and the the active stylus too. But I have a question: what is the Type of Micro USB receptacle on this tablet? Micro-A USB or Micro-B USB? Also, is the Micro USB slot just for charging or can it be used for other USB host functions with a proper adapter? I'm thinking about ordering this adapter over at newegg.com so that I can use a mouse through the Micro USB port when using the keyboard with the full sized USB port. Anyone know for sure what type it is or have experience using the port for anything other than charging?

Thanks!

Options

468 Posts

01-30-2012

United States of America

600 Signins

5731 Page Views

• Views: 5731
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Micro USB Question

2012-07-30, 14:05 PM

But I have a question: what is the Type of Micro USB receptacle on this tablet? Micro-A USB or Micro-B USB?

Micro-B

Also, is the Micro USB slot just for charging or can it be used for other USB host functions with a proper adapter?

Micro-B USB connector is for charging and is the tablet's device USB port. Use the supplied (comes with the tablet) cable to connect to either the supplied AC charger or the host USB port (type A USB connector) on a computer for example. The full-size type A USB connector on the tablet is its host USB port and would be used similarly to that on a computer.

I'm thinking about ordering this adapter over at newegg.com so that I can use a mouse through the Micro USB port when using the keyboard with the full sized USB port.

Won't work. Mouse has to connect to full-size USB port on the tablet. A USB hub is the way to go if more than one device needs to be connected. One is shown in the link below and, IIRC , there is a post somewhere on the net that shows a hub being used with the keyboard folio for mouse use as well. (Edit: You can also use a BT mouse instead of USB if that's the only other USB device needing support while using the KF.)

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/144737806/origin​al

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Micro USB Question

2012-07-31, 1:40 AM
i use a bluetooth thinkpad mouse on it, and it works a treat.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms