Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

RD230 - RAID configuration

Good afternoon,

I'm setting up an RD230 (4100 model) and i've stalled at the RAID configuraiton. The EasyStartup cd (3.1.3) keeps telling me that i need to set the SATA mode to SW RAID in the Bios. However the only options i get are "Enhanced IDE" & RAID, neither of which pick up the drives.

I've tried updating the BIOS to no effect. Struggling a bit here if someone could give me a hand.

Thanks

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
0 Kudos

Re: RD230 - RAID configuration

Hello Simonletom, 

You can not use EasyStartUp to configure your raid with the RD230.  In BIOS set the option to RAID.  Make sure quiet-boot is diabled as well.  When the machine is booting, you should see a screen saying hit Ctr-I to enter Intel Raid.  Set your raid up there.  And then run the EasyStartUp CD to load your operating system.  I will find the RAID that you have already setup.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for responding.

I've disabled the Quiet-Boot option.. i don't get an option to press CTRL-I at anytime during the boot process though. After the fan goes to warp speed i get 3 options: DEL for Setup, F12 to select boot device, F11 for BBS setup.  The only options within these are to boot to Network or Disc.

Solutions: 560
0 Kudos

if you don't see the ctrl-I prompt, make sure the ROM option display isn't disabled in the BIOS.

ThinkStation C20      ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · 600Microsoft MVP

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

The only option in BIOS related to ROM is: AddOn ROM Display Mode: Force BIOS or Keep Current.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with a RD230 4011 19U.

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact issue. I am not seeing the Ctrl - l option, so I am unable to configure the RAID. Can anyone assist?

Paper Tape

We managed to work around it.

It turned out that what we were sold was incorrect, we were sold 3 SAS drives on a SAS back plate without a RAID Controller.. So the only option was for SW RAID.

We opted to use 4 SATA drives instead of the SAS drives, from this we were able to use the Intel RAID controller on boot up. It literally does flash up in a split second though, so you have to be quick.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

This is not a solution: is a workaround! If I bought a PCI Raid Controller, I WANT TO USE IT, IMHO.