Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Accepted Solution

TD200 or x3500?

Is there any difference betwen the TD200 and a IBM x3500 M3? From the looks of it, they are the exact same machine supported by the exact same people. Am I correct?

Solutions: 554

Re: TD200 or x3500?

given that IBM still owns a portion of Lenovo and are contracted to support the products, you're bound to see similarities in products like this.

both product lines are supported by IBM.   no shame in that. Smiley Wink

ThinkStation C20      ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · 600Microsoft MVP

#RetroThinkPadShare your input on the Retro ThinkPad Time Machine
http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/retro-thinkpad-time-machine/

Token Ring

That's what I thought, but I would have expected it to be easier to buy a Thinkserver over a System x. Is there any reason you cannot order a Thinkserver online? I'm attempted to go with the IBM purely because I can order it online.

Highlighted
Solutions: 554

the difference is that Lenovo allows you to customize your server down to almost every detail or purchase a pre-configured model where IBM only sells pre-configured models.

if you want to buy a pre-configured ThinkServer, download the latest PSREF sheets and find a model through an authorized reseller.   many TopSeller models are in stock all over the US.

if you want a customized system then you can configure your server on lenovo.com, then simply call in with your configuration number.   a few minutes later and you're on your way.

ThinkStation C20      ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · 600Microsoft MVP

#RetroThinkPadShare your input on the Retro ThinkPad Time Machine
http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/retro-thinkpad-time-machine/