Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
System X

Help Lenovo Shape the Future

Help Lenovo understand your issues and concerns
with our Enterprise products. Click here to answer a quick question
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

td230 complete restore: new backups and can't resotre backup

Need help getting correct driver installed to restore TD230-1027. User has a full backup taken before work started. I am replacing 4 300 GB drives with 4 2TB Sata drives. We have decided to configure server with four RAID 0 drives and then using Windows mirroring on this server windows 2008 standard.

RAID is configured and I have gone as far as installing Windows 2008 standard on a 500 GB parition just to make sure system is configured with 4 indenpendant drives.

When I boot from Windows 2008 DVD and try repair and select complete system restore it does not see Windows 2008 and asks for drives. Have tried current RAID drivers, or so I though, and SATA drivers but system still boots up and does not see the system and therefore can't find the system backup. When I browse for drivers it does see the C: partition and all system data and does see the external USB drive with the system backup.

I must not be loading the correct driver but can't for the life of me find the correct driver.

I have tried the LSI megarais sas 8204 elp and the listed Sata drivers. still same. Need help

Lenovo Employee
0 Kudos

Re: td230 complete restore: new backups and can't resotre backup

Please refer to the Tip on configuring systems with greater than 2.2TB at the following: