Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shayughul
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 1 of 4

Help Updating old BMC on RD430

Searching didn't seem to come up with anything.  I have an RD430 that I don't think the BMC has ever been updated on.  Its currently sitting at 1.4.0.62777. 

The oldest version I am able to find on the downloads page is 20 and when I try and update to that it tells me its not a valid update file. 

I am familiar with doing these updates so am confident I am using the right process. 

I feel like this is too large of a jump so I was trying to find an older version...maybe 10 or 12.10 to try and make the jump a little smaller. 

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get this old beast updated? 

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 141
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help Updating old BMC on RD430

Hi Shayughul

How did you find the BMC version as your picture? Could you please access TMM Web Console to check BMC version as below.

2.pngYou can download the latest version of BMC firmware from the link, please refer to the readme file then choose the best .bat file and upgrate the BMC for your server.

Shayughul
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately I don't have those options in my BMC as you posted in your picture. I have attached a screen shot of my entire page when I log into the BMC.  

I dont' get any of the menu across the top...just on the left hand side.  Possibly cause of the extremely old version?

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 122
Message 4 of 4

Hi Shayughul

I found the latest version of BMC is 26.00. Would you please download BMC Update Utility for Web GUI to update BMC to the latest version. You can follow the installation instruction in the readme file to use this BMC update package under TMM web console.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals