cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryPPM
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 4

Is there any way to get MegaRAID to send email with TLS?

The only option I see in the Mail Server tab is Authentication.  Nothing about SSL or TLS.  Is there any way to get this to send via O365, which will soon require TLS?

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 218
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there any way to get MegaRAID to send email with TLS?

Hi Sir,

According to MegaRAID Storage Manager user guide, it support  SMTP authentication mechanism. I didn't find option for SSL or TLS.

You could insatll Lenovo XClarity Administrator which support the SSL protocol while communicating. LXCA provide system hardware monitoring feature to get system hardware alerts or event log for hard drive status. 

https://sysmgt.lenovofiles.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.lenovo.lxca.doc%2Faug_product_page.html&&...

larryPPM
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 3 of 4

SSL won't be enough for O365 soon, as they are stopping support for anything lower than TLS 1.2.

I've setup IIS with SMTP relay to O365 (and pointed MegaRAID to that) to get this working, but it sure would be nice if it was built in.
Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 181
Message 4 of 4

Hi Sir,

I'm glad to see that you find solution for the request. Could you please mark the topic as resolved for reference if someone have the same request as yours.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals