Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter SystemsThinkServer
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-01-2015

United States of America

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

RD450 unable to open virtual console

2021-06-03, 15:14 PM

Trying to troubleshoot a remote RD450, but I am unable to get the virtual console to open.  I can download the jviewer applet and run it but I get an Unable to launch the application message with an error "Unexpected exceptionL java.lang.NullPointerException".  I have updated the TSM to the latest version (5.32.422) as well as tried downgrading my version of java to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Options

747 Posts

09-04-2018

United States of America

998 Signins

20365 Page Views

• Views: 20365
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:RD450 unable to open virtual console

2021-06-04, 3:47 AM

Hi Sir,

The ThinkServer System Manager (TSM) allows you to monitor server availability and perform remote management. Optional TSM Premium added remote control and remote media.

The TSM provides a one-to-one web-based console. The web-based console is developed in HTML 5 and structured in the way that makes platform management intuitive and efficient. The TSM also provides a secure command-line interface to manage your servers using a one-to-many method for improved efficiency and functionality.
For detailed information about using the Lenovo ThinkServer System Manager, refer to the integrated help screens and user guides.

Lenovo ThinkServer System Manager Premium
Lenovo ThinkServer System Manager Premium provides you a solution that enables you to receive all the benefits and features provided by both the Lenovo ThinkServer System Manager program and the Lenovo ThinkServer Energy Manager program. It also enables you to control the server remotely using Lenovo virtual keyboard, video, and mouse.

For detailed information here are a couple of links with further information on your system, and how to install the TSM Premium Module.

Lenovo ThinkServer RD450 (E5-2600 v4)

ThinkServer RD450 user guide, page 117.

If the installed TSM in your server is the premium module, please refer to the post as @Dannyhsueh provided to see if it helps to resolve your issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms