03-14-2019

CA

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 2

TD350 Bios Recovery

2019-09-17, 5:39 AM

I have a server that was sporatically rebooting every day or 2 (ended up being a bad UPS). While doing a bios update it happen to reboot. I am now stuck with a server that will not boot. No POST, nothing. Lights turn on but nothing ever displays on screen.  Logging into the TSM shows NA for the bios version and updating via TSM immediatly fails.  I looked into doing the bios recover but the diagram does not match up to what is on the board. JP21 as listed here does not work for me (or I am doing it wrong). I also tried via TSMCLI but I get a "There is a firmware update in progress" message. This issue seems to be identical to an unresolved post here.  Is there anyway to stop the firware that is in progress.

Options

71 Posts

12-05-2016

US

89 Signins

742 Page Views

• Views: 742
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: TD350 Bios Recovery

2019-09-17, 14:38 PM

JP21 is the jumper to use the backup BIOS image.

Power off the system, remove the cr2032 battery, flip the jumper to 2-3 (default is 1-2), leave it that way, then power on without the CMOS battery installed. If you get no BIOS screen or error messages on the screen, the corruption could have taken place in the entire ROM chip where both images are stored, which would be only recoverable using a ROM flash writter or replacing the BIOS ROM chip entirely.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms