Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter SystemsThinkServer
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

09-16-2012

United States of America

28 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 31 of 33

Re: TS130: after bios update, cannot boot from USB flash drive

2019-11-20, 2:59 AM

Perfect thanks. Used an old SATA laptop drive and made it a bootable dos disk with the firmware files on it. Flashed it back to 57A/29B and now it sees the USB drives.

Options

1 Posts

11-29-2019

Austria

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 32 of 33

2019-11-29, 14:08 PM

I have the same issue updated bios from a very old version (2011) to the latest, not usb flash drives are detected afterwards, after downgrading to 57A/29B the computer freezes when the usb drive is plugged, GPT or MBR it does not matter, also tried to change the boot mtehod from Auto to UEFI or MBR, nothing works, I would like to downgrade to an even older version of the bios but 57A/29B is the oldest version I could find.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options

666 Posts

09-04-2018

United States of America

933 Signins

19229 Page Views

• Views: 19229
  • Message 33 of 33

2019-12-02, 2:13 AM

Hi tokijici,

Please read the 57A/29B readme file, check which version was installed on it and then update it again.

If the version is very old, updating from a specific old version to v57A/29B may have different steps.

Attention: 
	(1). Do not turn off your server when updating the BIOS, otherwise the BIOS will fail to be updated and the system will fail to restart.
	(2). If your old BIOS is 9HKTXXA, you just need run flash.bat 1 time, when you see the successfully message,the update completed.
	(3). If your old BIOS is FAKTXXA, you will need run flash.bat 3 times, and system need to be rebooted 3 times. When you see the successfully message,the update completed.
	(4). If your old BIOS is FAKTxxB, before BIOS update, please enter SETUP to set the "Security"->"Secure Boot"->[Secure Boot] to "Disabled" and set the "Security"->"Secure Boot"->[Secure Boot Status] to "Setup Mode" by pressing "Reset To Setup Mode",then save the setting to flash BIOS. You just need to run flash.bat 1 time, and system will auto reboot and update process will continue after reboot,when the update process shows 100%,the update completed. Then it will auto reboot. If you want to use the secure boot function,after the BIOS update ,you can enter SETUP to set the "Security"->"Secure Boot"->[Secure Boot] to "Enabled" and set the "Security"->"Secure Boot"->[Secure Boot Status] to "User Mode" by pressing "Restore Factory Keys",then save and exit SETUP.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms