cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annekynn
Paper Tape
Views: 320
Message 1 of 8

ThinkServer RAID 110i: Rebuild complete, VD Optimal, rebuilding again?

RAID 10 with 4 drives, 5th drive as a spare (drive 4). First drive went bad (drive 0). Set spare as Online and it started rebuilding. Rebuild completed and the log shows this:

VD is now OPTIMAL VD: 0
State change on VD : 0 Previous = Degraded Current = Optimal
Rebuild complete on VD : 0
Rebuild complete on PD : -:-:4
Drive Cache settings restored after rebuild for PD : -:-:4

The RAID 10 virtual drive now shows Optimal. However drive 4 started rebuilding again at 0%. Why would this drive start rebuilding again? And if it is truly rebuilding, why would the array show Optimal? Looks like some sort of software/firmware glitch?

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 276
Message 2 of 8

Re: ThinkServer RAID 110i: Rebuild complete, VD Optimal, rebuilding again?

Hi Annekynn

If VD status is Optimal, the virtual drive operating condition is good. All configured drives are online. 

May I ask when or what kind of circumstance does drive 4 started rebuilding again at 0%? Will the VD status change to Optimal again after rebuild?

What is the ThinkServer model? Did you check if the RAID 110i firmware is the latest version or not? 

Annekynn
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 3 of 8

Looks like it was some firmware/display glitch in the LSI Storage Authority because once the scheduled patrol read started the "rebuild" on the new drive suddenly disappeared and the drive is no longer flagged as rebuilding.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
Views: 248
Message 4 of 8

If the raid 110i firmwares installed on your server are older than the release version, we recommend to visit Datacenter support website and update the latest firmware version to see if the problem will be resolved or not.

Annekynn
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 5 of 8

The system is a TD350, serial number MJ06C5YA, on Win Server 2016. Can you direct me please to the correct download? I see like 25 entries under Controller / RAID section and none specifically mention the 110i

Lenovo Employee
Views: 212
Message 6 of 8

ThinkServer RAID 110i is LSI chip-based onboard raid controller. You can find more information from the link

And I provided the LSI Onboard SATA/SAS RAID Driver for Windows driver for you.  

Annekynn
Paper Tape
Views: 208
Message 7 of 8

Ok so this driver I have already, its from 2016, server was installed in 2018. I was hoping there was something newer available. Anyhow, raid array seems to be working fine again, albeit everything is much slower than expected.

Lenovo Employee ccchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 202
Message 8 of 8

Hi Annekynn,

The following picture is the latest Onboard RAID driver for TD350, Nov. 13, 2017, released. 

I assumed that you already have this version since your server was installed in 2018.

Untitled.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals