Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter SystemsThinkServer
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-27-2014

pdx

14 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinskerver TS140--Hangs on splash screen

2014-04-27, 17:48 PM

Just got my Lenovo and am stymied with this issue.

I had installed a new WD hard drive and while contemplating which Windows OS to put on it (for desktop use), I installed Ubuntu. This worked normally. Later, when I decided to try to transfer a disk image of XP via Acronis to the Lenovo, and after apparent success with the transfer, upon reboot I get hung on the thinkserver splash screen.

Never more than that. I can't get into bios even. No keyboard response.

Though having a higher priority in the boot order, neither my bootable dvd media nor the Ububtu usb stick will  boot either. All I get is that splash screen.

They are unresponsive.

When I disconnect the hard drive, the system will boot from the DVD drive and the USB flash.

When I switch power and sata conectors between the dvd and the hard drive, things stay the same.

I can't test the hard drive in another rig. I also don't want to spend money wildly and ignorantly, trying to chase the problem down with more hardware purchases, though a hard drive enclosure isn't so much and I could at least have a chance to look at the drive.

Not much use to me like this. I'm pretty disappointed and it's looking like a sad story.

Is there some bios setting I should be addressing?

What do you think is happening?

Thanks!

Someone cheer me up here!

Answer
Options

542 Posts

01-30-2014

United States of America

958 Signins

11365 Page Views

• Views: 11365

Re: Thinskerver TS140--Hangs on splash screen

2014-04-28, 15:08 PM
Hi Timbo and welcome to the ThinkServer forums!

The issue you are describing is a known problem with the current BIOS and I believe is set to be resolved in the next release in May. As a workaround, the USB key must be removed during POST and re-inserted after POST has completed. I do apologize for this inconvenience but rest assured Lenovo is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

542 Posts

01-30-2014

United States of America

958 Signins

11365 Page Views

• Views: 11365
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinskerver TS140--Hangs on splash screen

2014-04-28, 15:08 PM
Hi Timbo and welcome to the ThinkServer forums!

The issue you are describing is a known problem with the current BIOS and I believe is set to be resolved in the next release in May. As a workaround, the USB key must be removed during POST and re-inserted after POST has completed. I do apologize for this inconvenience but rest assured Lenovo is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)