Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart OfficeThinkSmart
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

11-09-2016

United States of America

23 Signins

177 Page Views

• Views: 177
  • Message 1 of 5

Teams Device (ThinkSmart View) to Teams Desktop Connector

2021-04-07, 14:01 PM

The latest firmware allows the use of the Teams display to connect to a full Teams Desktop for integration.  

However, when attempting to connect to a device, it doesn't find any of my full Teams Desktops to integrate with.  The 'Connect a Device' searches then comes up with 'We couldn't find any nearby devices'.  The device is on the same layer 3 network as the full Teams desktop client, no firewalls or anything in-between.  

On the same note, if I search from the full Teams desktop, it doesn't find a device to connect to either.

Maybe I'm missing a step?  Or is it *not quite there* with the ThinkSmart View display?

Options

10 Posts

09-03-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Teams Device (ThinkSmart View) to Teams Desktop Connector

2021-09-10, 11:50 AM

Does your "desktop computer" have bluetooth?  The "Connector" you are talking about is the "Better Together" stuff?

Options

28 Posts

11-09-2016

United States of America

23 Signins

177 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-09-10, 12:02 PM

Yes, my desktop computer has bluetooth.  The unit is supposed to connect directly through bluetooth and be detectable in Teams.  However, it does not work in my case.  I've pretty much given up on this device, support has been vapor and very few updates recently.  This form factor seems to have been a failure, even the other vendor that made one of these display device lines pulled their product completely.  Glad I only bought one for testing.  I feel for the folks that bought dozens or hundreds.  

Options

10 Posts

09-03-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-09-10, 12:10 PM

Yes, it's definitely a niche device.  I always asked people, what do they think they will do differently if they got one of these.  For me, I said, ok if it was going to replace an existing desk clock, it works quite well and does more than just a desk clock :-).  If the user had any experience with an Echo Show or Google Display, then that's muscle memory they'd already have support the behavior of using this type of device, etc.  

As for updates, the last one was in May.  Not sure how many more we can expect for a device from January 2020, but I'm been relatively happy so far, of course I want it to do more, but eventually the processor in it is going to show it's age :-)

Options

28 Posts

11-09-2016

United States of America

23 Signins

177 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-09-10, 12:32 PM

Well, for a $300 desk clock, I'd expect it to do quite a bit more!  Funny you mention the google display, as I have the Lenovo Google display in this same form factor, just in white.  Only difference was I paid $80 for it, versus $300 for the 'Teams' edition.  I knew when I bought it, there was an element of risk.  It was, and still is, a very select niche device.  I don't think it caught on as well as Lenovo thought, hence the serious lack of support.   I'd say in about a year, this device will be a paperweight.  If I was smart, I'd sell this now while it still has some value.  But, I do still find some value in using the device.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms