Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenH-PV
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,805
Message 1 of 7

ThinkSmart Hub 500 hard reboots/resets in multi party SfB call

We have a Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 which is completely rebooting when in a multi party SfB call. This happens when the third or fourth party joins the call. There is no content being shared from the Lenovo. Rejoining the call with five parties already in the call causes it to reboot again.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,748
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkSmart Hub 500 hard reboots/resets in multi party SfB call

Hello Stephen,

Welcome and sorry for the late response. I discussed your situation with a colleague and if you haven't already the suggestion is to reimage the device. Recovery media is available through Lenovo Support or you can following the following process to create your own recovery / installation media.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-clients/console

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

StephenH-PV
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,728
Message 3 of 7

Andy,

Just tried the Microsoft process and it requires me to have Windows 10 IOT Media and licenses which I don't have.

Will go back to Lenovo support about recovery media.

Regards

Stephen

Andy_Hill
What's DOS?
Views: 1,298
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

We are also having this issue on all our Lenovo units (We have 5 currently).  We have tried reimaging them and updating the drivers, but they all randomly reboot on multipoint SfB meetings...  Did you get anywhere with a fix for this ?

Kind regards,

Andy

dansweet
What's DOS?
Views: 1,219
Message 5 of 7

We have 3 ThinkSmart Hub devices in three different office locations and will restart intermittently. We will only have 5 people connected via Skype for Business and from the 3 hubs and they restart randomly. 

sjburk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,044
Message 6 of 7

Anything further on this issue?  We just deployed 19 of these in our corporate office and when having multi-point meetings, they will reboot upon the 4th meeting attendee join.  I would say a reimage is not a good solution if the image will be the same.  Is there an update or driver issue that is causing this?

Andy_Hill
What's DOS?
Views: 1,019
Message 7 of 7

This registry fix (found on another post) fixed it for us :-

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]
"DisableSecondaryIFlipSupport"=dword:00000001

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More