Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart OfficeThinkSmart
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-10-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 6

Thinksmart Hub 500: Error: "signing in..." at the top of the screen

2019-10-10, 17:47 PM

Hello,

The problem: We have multiple Thinksmart hubs deployed in our environment, but this one, in particular, is the only one having this issue.  Essentially, we receive a "signing in..." error at the top of the screen that stays there.  We are able to dial in/out and start Teams meetings with people, but we cannot view scheduled meetings that typically show up on the left side of the screen.

What I tried:
1. Reset the password and ensure it is set to not expire
2. Ensured there are no updates pending on the Windows side/Lenovo drivers
3. Ensured the proper licensing was assigned (Meeting rooms, comm credits, domestic and international calling)
4. Factory reset the device
5. Discussed issue with Lenovo premier support, they advised to replace the motherboard, which they did, but the error remained
6. With this new information, I signed into another Meeting resource room account and had NO issues
7. So now we know it is something with the account, I recreated the room account > same issue.  Created a whole new account > same issue
8. I tried to login to the same account on a different Thinksmart hub and received the same error

I am starting to run out of troubleshooting ideas and was hoping someone seen something similar?  If it helps, I checked the audit login logs on O365 and saw the account logs in, logs out, logs in, then eventually logs out, with a failure "BlockedByConditionalAccess".  There is no MFA on the account or anything of the sort.  The password works and logs into the device (as we can dial in and start Teams meetings) but the main issue continues to be the signing in error, coupled with not being able to show scheduled meetings.

Thank you! 
Options

3 Posts

10-10-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinksmart Hub 500: Error: "signing in..." at the top of the screen

2019-10-10, 18:46 PM

Hey everyone, ended up figuring it out talking to a colleague.  We implemented BYOD recently to our organization and it enforces two-factor authentication.  We just didn't add this particular room to be exempted from the conditional access (MFA).  Just a heads up in case anyone happens to fall to this issue.

Options

3 Posts

06-08-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Thinksmart Hub 500: Error: "signing in..." at the top of the screen

2020-06-08, 13:10 PM

My issue was that I had run updates in Windows... big mistake!

This is how you can check your windows version:

1) Sign in to the administrator account. You can do this from the settings menu. Default password is 'sfb' to access settings as well as the administrator login to windows.

2) Go to Run -> Type 'winver' without the quotes. Check what version of Windows you have. 

If it's above 1903 you will have to download the ISO from Lenovos website, basically wipe the machine and start from scratch.

Microsoft doesn't support Teams on windows 1909 on Windows IoT, this is the problem. A factory restore from settings will not work.

The link to the USB-tool be found here:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/lenovorecovery

Type in your serial and download the tool. Make sure you select the correct language for your windows iamge.

The lenovo application you download will download the ISO, unpack and flash it onto your USB- thumbdrive. If no thumbdrive is found, try another make/model. Note that ALL data on it will be wiped.

After the flash is complete, plug in your USB thumbdrive in the Hub 500 (any USB-port in front will do). 

Then, you will need to start your HUB 500 and go into the BIOS settings. So basically when the device boots, you will see the boxes on the top right of the screen, click the left-most one. From the BIOS you will have to navigate to the menu where you can select your starting boot device. 

After that just let the machine stay powered on. DO NOT touch until you get to the select language screen. It will reboot a dozen of times and run a bunch scripts. This may take an hour or so!

Hopefully after that it should work for you!

Options

2 Posts

06-18-2020

Latvia

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-06-19, 12:45 PM

Had the same problem with devices that were shipped for us. Demo units worked fine with same account/network so it was a bit baffling.

We updated Skype Room System software from Windows Store, that fixed the problem. Here is the SRS version overview, ours was on 4.2.4.0. To do this update:

1. Log into device with admin account, open Edge
  2. Open https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/skype-room-system/9nblggh5799l
  3. Click Get, Windows Store should open
  4. If you click Install, you will be asked for Microsoft account. Instead click 3 dots (upper right corner) > Downloads and Updates
  5. Click update For Skype Room system. It takes some time (update is 600MB), but eventually entry for update should disappear
  6. Restart device, you will now see new splash screen with Teams logo. First boot seems to fail, software should restart itself (you will see bunch of windows opening/closing)
  7. After a while you should be logged in with full Teams experience.
  8. If calendar access does not work, in device settings enable modern authentication
Options

1 Posts

07-03-2020

Canada

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-07-03, 20:06 PM

I'm a bit confused over how this issue occurred.  Does one have to completely turn off Windows Updates in order for these units to work as advertised (resulting in these units having security vulnerabilities)?  Or is it necessary to manage the OS updates with some kind of enterprise management tool (such as SCCM) to prevent Windows from updating and therefore making the MTR app inoperative? 

Am I wrong in thinking that Lenovo could have simply marked the ThinkSmart devices as incompatible with any Windows version greater than 1903, thereby stopping Windows Update from updating to unsupported versions with the MTR app?

Options

2 Posts

08-07-2020

Australia

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-08-07, 3:34 AM
This works!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms