Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjnarweiuvnawf
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 1 of 2

Adding video card to Thinkstation P330 2nd Gen

I purchased a Thinkstation P330 Tower three weeks ago and did not include integrated graphics or a video adapter in the build. The PSU is 250W and has a Xeon 4 core E-2224 (3.4GHz). 

Now, I want to add a video adapter to this system, likely the NVidia Quadro P400, the one offered on Lenovo's website (linked below). Would this video card be an easy installation or would I also need to modify other parts, such as the PSU, or buy extra cables to get this setup?

Video card: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/graphic-cards/graphic-cards/GRAPHIC-BO-ThinkSt...

thanks

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 83
Message 2 of 2

Re: Adding video card to Thinkstation P330 2nd Gen

Unfortunately, the E-2224 doesn't have support for integrated graphics. Therefore, you'll need to add a discrete GPU into the system for display output.

The Nvidia Quadro P400 you linked to should work just fine in the P330 Tower assuming you have an available PCIe slot to install a graphics card into. The 250W PSU should be more than sufficient to handle this GPU. The only extra cable I would recommend would be any dongles (mDP to DP, mDP to HDMI, etc) needed to connect the GPU to your monitor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors