Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

08-08-2008

NY

37 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 1 of 2

D10 won't POST, 4 beeps. No info in HMM

2012-10-21, 19:01 PM

A bit of background- I have a D10 that I've never felt 100% confident in (the PSU and motherboard were both replaced within a year of ownership)... 

Anyway, now my D10 won't post, and I get four short beeps and a blank screen. Consulting the HMM is useless because it doesn't list four short beeps. My google searches seem to indicate that the motherboard is dead, but those search results are usually from IdeaPad S10's, not Thinkstation D series.

I've already tried clearing the CMOS, removing the CMOS battery and leaving it uplugged for a while, and reseating all the RAM & graphics card. PSU shows one green LED, so that seems to indicate that it's fine.

I'd like to figure out what the four beeps actually means, if anyone has any ideas they'd be greatly appreciated.

Options

99 Posts

11-24-2007

United States

720 Signins

14221 Page Views

• Views: 14221
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: D10 won't POST, 4 beeps. No info in HMM

2012-11-04, 14:30 PM

i'm going off of memory here but i think four short beeps in a phoenix BIOS core is CPU/planar related.   check all of the CPU socket pins and make sure one isn't bent.   also try running it from CPU1 with only one FBDIMM installed and see if it POSTs.   the goal is to remove as many variables as possible.

if i can remember to check this week, i'll try to dig up some info on that beep code.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms