Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

5193 Posts

02-22-2010

United States of America

3669 Signins

51365 Page Views

• Views: 51365
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: D30 video card

2019-06-13, 21:10 PM

Hard for me to tell from that pic, but it looks like that might be the older 1-piece design.  The RTX4000 should still fit just fine...but if you happen to try to use a bracket it would need to be the shorter version  (which I'm not sure if one even exists).  I'd probably forego the extender bracket and just be mindful of transporting the system with the GPU installed.

Possibly the bigger issue with that pic is the CPU fansink solution you have going on there ;).

If that front CPU fansink is the original, you have it pointed in the wrong direction as the stock fansink is a pull design with the fan located to the left side of the heatsink when assembled correctly.  Therear fansink is obviously not stock, and is likely providing some very questionable airflow.  It's either taking preheated air and dumping it directly into the PSU inlet, or it's fighting the PSU inlet fan and trying to push air down through the heatsink and exhausting into the PCIe area (not to mention also likely fighting the rear system fan and front CPU fan as well).  If it's working for you, great....but that's far from the original thermal design/intent.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Options

13 Posts

02-15-2018

Turkey

28 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 12 of 13

Re:D30 video card

2020-04-11, 2:59 AM

Hello again, 

I hope all fine with lenovo staff, difficult times, life and work  somehow goes on.

After a long time we managed to upgrade our video card to rtx 4000,

We are using vray for rendering and new card works fine. Vray  Program supports gpu rendering . And i saw in their introduction video they use rtx4000 with k5200 together to get faster renders. Can we use our old k5000 together with rtx 4000 on the same computer.

thank you in advance,

t.

Options

5193 Posts

02-22-2010

United States of America

3669 Signins

51365 Page Views

• Views: 51365
  • Message 13 of 13

Re:D30 video card

2020-04-13, 0:01 AM

Officially, it's not supported nor recommended. Nvidia guidance is that they typically don't support mixing GPUs with different internal architecture. There are some exceptions to this rule/guidance, but not in this particular case.In this case, you'd be mixing a Turing based GPU with a Kepler based GPU. These GPUs were actually 3 generations apart (skipping Maxwell and Pascal).

I'm not necessarily saying it won't work...that's certainly possible. However, it's not been tested and if there are compatibility issues with that configuration, you're likely on your own as neither Lenovo nor Nvidia will address them as it's not a supported configuration.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms