Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 7

Latest firmware for Micron M600 1TB SSD

2018-01-04, 15:35 PM

Hello Lenovo Tech Support Team,

I tried to submit a ticket but failed. So here I am.

I have a Micron M600 1TB SSD with my ThinkStation. It sometimes got lost from the system. I tried almost anything  possible but the problem could not be solved. And as advised, I should try upgrading the firmware for it but I could not find the latest firmware (or a later version) from your site. Could you please let me know where I can find the latest firmware for this SSD or could you send me the file? Thank you! The current FW for the SSD is LN01. I assume that it is the release version. More details on the SSD as follow:

Micron M600 2.5 1TB SATA 6Gb/s

Model:MTFDDAK1T0MBF
F/W:LN01
S/N:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX                                       Serial number removed per forum rules   - mod
P/N:MTFDDAK1T0MBF-1ANAZABLA
LI P/N: SSD0H32457
DT FRU: 00FC761
H/W: Rev 1

And my email: douyi@live.com

Thank you for you time!

Alex

Options

98 Posts

05-12-2017

United States of America

255 Signins

1874 Page Views

• Views: 1874
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Latest firmware for Micron M600 1TB SSD

2018-01-04, 16:25 PM

Greetings IamAlex!

I don't see any evidence that the Lenovo-specific firmware for that SATA SSD has been updated beyond LN01.  If you need access to the latest bug fixes you could try the MU-04 firmware directly from the Micron site, assuming it will flash over the LN-01 firmware.  Since I haven't found any Lenovo flash tool you might be stuck on the manufacturers firmware if you do go this route.

Here you can access their storage executive software:  https://www.micron.com/products/solid-state-storage/storage-executive-software

Here you can get the specific package you need for your drive or a bootable utility so you won't need the storage executive software:  https://www.micron.com/products/solid-state-storage/product-lines/m600/m600-software

I would think an OS reinstall might be in order for your situation, as well, if your problems are not rectified by the flash.

If you have any problems let us know and we'll keep searching for a fix!

Please note: Due to my responsibilities I am often unable to quickly and reliably respond to private messages, please do not hesitate to post publicly in the appropriate forum as it will likely get you the quickest response.
Options

3 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 3 of 7

2018-01-05, 0:13 AM

Thanks for the reply,Businesscat.  I did try an OS reinstall and even put it in my Thinkpad for the debug but it did help. And the latest from Micron is MU05. I tried that too before I came here. It did not flash over an OEM FW though. So is there any other ways around? A FW update will likely solve the issue. 

Options

98 Posts

05-12-2017

United States of America

255 Signins

1874 Page Views

• Views: 1874
  • Message 4 of 7

2018-01-05, 15:08 PM

I'll try to locate one of those drives and see how to get a more modern firmware flashed to it, OEM or otherwise, if anyone else doesn't know off-hand the correct procedure.

Our M1100 drives in the lab are running firmware LN-02 so there's at least some chance a higher level has been released for the M600.

I'll post back with results when I can.

I'm curious, though, are you running in a non-standard configuration in some way?  I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing a problem that others aren't with hardware that's in wide use.

Please note: Due to my responsibilities I am often unable to quickly and reliably respond to private messages, please do not hesitate to post publicly in the appropriate forum as it will likely get you the quickest response.
Options

5254 Posts

02-22-2010

United States of America

3701 Signins

51720 Page Views

• Views: 51720
  • Message 5 of 7

2018-01-05, 15:30 PM

- Let's back up a step.  Can you tell us what specific ThinkStation you have?  SATA SSD detection issues are not exactly common, so maybe there's something else going on here aside from drive FW being the issue.

My M600 drives all appear to be on LN01 firmware, but I don't know off the top of my head if that is the latest approved level.  I'm checking with our team to see if there's something newer that's been released specifically for the M600.  M600 and M1100 drives are different families, so it's not safe to assume that both would be on the same FW levels or have the same number of releasese.  LN in the description indicates it's a custom FW for Lenovo (and also why you couldn't flash the retail FW).

I'm not ruling out a FW issue yet, but I want to get a better understanding of your specific issues and hardware configuration before we blindly dive down that path.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Options

5254 Posts

02-22-2010

United States of America

3701 Signins

51720 Page Views

• Views: 51720
  • Message 6 of 7

2018-01-05, 16:37 PM

Just a quick follow up, LN01 is the latest approved FW for the M600 SSDs from our side.  So let's definitely look at the details of your configuration and the issue(s) you are seeing to see if we can figure out the problem.  I think drive FW is a red herring most likely.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Options

1 Posts

10-09-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-10-09, 1:45 AM
Hello! I am trying to get the LN01 firmware and the utility to flash it for a 1TB Micron M600 (MTFDDAK1T0MBF). I 'm checking Lenovo's support site, but I cannot find it. Can anyone help, please? Thank you.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms