Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GZone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 139
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo D20 and SSD samsung 970 evo NVMe M.2

Spoiler

Hello, I would like to upgrade my workstation with a faster ssd m.2 NVMe. But after I inserted the ssd drive with an PCI express to m.2 PCIe adapter, I can not see the drive in the BIOS. Windows found it but BIOS didn't. Can some one help me?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 121
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo D20 and SSD samsung 970 evo NVMe M.2

What OS are you using?

D20 BIOS will likely not be able to recognize the NVMe drive.  NVMe was simply never supported on that platform, so BIOS certainly doesn't have the hooks necessary to support booting to one of those drives.  You might be able to use that drive as a secondary data drive (non-bootable), but to do so you'll need to make sure you've got a proper driver loaded.  Win10 has native NVMe support, but win7 does not and you'd need to install either the Windows NVMe driver or a driver provided by the vendor directly.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
GZone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 114
Message 3 of 4

Isn't there some newer version of BIOS that is compatybility with D20 and support MVMe?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 88
Message 4 of 4

Unfotunately no.  NVMe drives didn't hit the market until several years after development on the D20 platform stopped.  

Newer platforms, such as P900 and beyond, have full support for NVMe drives.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors