cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo ThinkStation P300 - Lenovo IS8XM board with I5-4590 - chipset specifications

I am attempting correct my OS driver install and would greatly appreciate if someone would confirm the chipset used in the P300 series.  The Lenovo board is I belive propritary.  Auto detect indicated an Intel C226 series chipset, I read elsewhere that the correct Intel Lynx Point series is the Q87.  I want to ensure that I correctly install my power interface and USB drivers.  The ACPI with IBM / Lenovo Think Series has always been specific predating the Intel 915 Express Series.  Additionally, USB drivers have been tricky since Sandybridge and even back to when we first converted to USB2.  I have looked around for chipset confirmation and a CPU + Chipset diagram for this unit but have been unsucessful.

Thank You,

James LeMay 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 323
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo ThinkStation P300 - Lenovo IS8XM board with I5-4590 - chipset specifications

The spec sheet for the P300 also indicates a C226 chipset, and the parts list for the P300 lists the system/motherboard as a C226 ATX, so I would presume that the chipset is indeed a C226.     You could verify that by looking up the system board for the specific model/MTM, or a serial number, of the systems you are trying to update at https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

Cheers,

JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 289
Message 3 of 9

Re: Lenovo ThinkStation P300 - Lenovo IS8XM board with I5-4590 - chipset specifications

I appreciate your help in confirming the chipset.

Thank You,

James  

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 282
Message 4 of 9

I can also confirm the P300 (and previous E32 platform) use the C226 chipset.  The Q87 chipset was typically used in desktop systems, which generally lacked Xeon CPU and ECC memory support.  

The Lenovo support site should call out the latest qualified chipset driver package for P300.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/WORKSTATIONS/THINKSTATION-P-SERIES-WORKSTATIONS/THINKSTA...

Note - Click "Drivers and Software" at the top of that page to be taken back to the full driver listing for P300.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 5 of 9

Capture.PNGI am attaching an image from the device manager - devices by connection viewpoint.  The system has been placed in OS optimized defaults which disables Intel Virtulization, Vt-d etc.  I know that power management is not functioning correctly and that the drivers are not in place correctly.  If I recall there was a process of uninstalling certain devices and changing other devices to the correct driver that will allow the system to implement the devices correctly allowing power management, usb, virtulization etc to function correctly.  Symptoms of this problem are also indicated when viewing the IRQ assignment (as least as I recall).  If this needs to be reposed under a different title once the the solution / process is found perhaps the board sysop will do so.  This image is from Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64.  This is not a clandestine issue but one that can be fixed that in fixing avoids potential hard drive corruption and or improper updating. 

"Thank You" for your assistance,

James LeMay

JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 172
Message 6 of 9

Please note Virtulization had been enabled and I do use client Hyper-V and I do not currently have a PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse nor the 8-pin to PS/2 keyboard connector (which does make fixing this easier and I cannot find the FRU for the part).

Thank You,

James LeMay

UPDATE: FYI Experimenting by uninstalling the drivers related to this issue can cause loss of USB connectivity.  This means your mouse and keyboard will not work.  

06/30/2019 02:10 CST 

JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 158
Message 7 of 9

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGThis is found by opening the device manager and under view selecting resources by type and expanding the IRQ tree.  

Thank You,

James LeMay

06/30/2019

Highlighted
JamesBLeMay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 62
Message 8 of 9

Are there current or updated drivers for Windows 10 x64 fpr the "8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI" aka the "Intel(R) USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)" aka Ven 8086 Dev 8c31?

Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

LeMay

07/11/2019

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 47
Message 9 of 9

The latest chipset drivers tested/supported by Lenovo will be listed on the support site (support.lenovo.com).  Intel might have later chipset drivers avaialble on their site that might not have been fully qualified/tested by Lenovo.  P300 platform development ended some time ago, so it's somewhat normal for those drivers to get out of sync.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors