cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talekksna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ThinkStation P330 with Windows 10 pro for workstation - Vantage not working

Hi,

I have Lenovo ThinkStation P330 with Windows 10 pro for workstation. From day one I could not update drivers through Vantage. Even after reinstallation. Now I am running Windows 10 pro for Workstation 1903, with latest bios (manually upgraded) and latest drivers (also manually upgraded). I upgraded Vantage to the latest version, and still not working.

Thanks.

Lenovo Vantage message.PNGLenovo Vantage message_1.PNG

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 131
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo ThinkStation P330 with Windows 10 pro for workstation - Vantage not working

I would use Lenovo System Update  (Formally Thinkvantage System Update) to update that system. 

Lenovo System Update 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds012808

Cheers,

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 102
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo ThinkStation P330 with Windows 10 pro for workstation - Vantage not working

Vantage can be a little wonky at times with finding updates.  There can sometimes be a delay between the time an update shows up on our website and the time Vantage can actually see the same update as valid for your platform.  So that can be frustrating if you're trying to always have the latest/greatest drivers and updates in place right away.

I'm confused a bit by the last part of your statement though.  If you've already manually updated to the latest drivers and BIOS (assuming from our support site), then what exactly are you expecting Vantage to find during a recan?

Also, there's a specific forum dedicated to pre-installed software (including Vantage) that might prove to be more helpful as well.  Unless there is something wrong with how BIOS is reporting infortmation to Vantage, I doubt the issue you're seeing is necessarily related to the platform, but more likely an overall software issue.  So posting your concern on this forum might also prove helpful.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
talekksna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 84
Message 4 of 5

Hi, and thanks for replay,

I did described situation little confusing, sorry. What I meant is that after running Vantage software update, I got that massage and I had to update ThinkStation manully.

As for Vantage, software reads correctly SN and PN. A few days after my computer arrived, I had a problem with main board and I had to replace it. But I did manual BIOS update and, updated SN and PN in the BIOS. But I am pretty sure that Vantage did not work even before that. Because I remember that I had to update drivers manually.

Anyway thanks for your help, I will try on forum that you suggested.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 58
Message 5 of 5

There are a few other fields (outside of the MTM and SN) in BIOS that Vantage might look at to key off your specific system and find the specific updates that might apply to it.  Those fields obviously should be set correctly from the factory, but it's something thay might not have been set correctly if the motherboard in the system was replaced (this will depend on the technician).  Hopefully the folks over on the Vantage board can provide you with some additional info on that.  Be sure to explain to them that your board has been serviced/replaced as it might trigger other thoughts on their end that I'm not thinking of.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors