Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 407
Message 11 of 14

Re: NVMe on S30

I'm not sure what you mean by "outsourcing the OS and program files to use a normal drive to boot".  But in general, there has been and likely will not be any further updates on booting NVMe storage on any of the 30-series platforms.  As I mentioned before, you should be able to use those devices as data-only storage (not bootable), but to do so you'd need to make sure a proper driver is installed to support NVMe.  NVMe support is native to win10, but is not native to win7.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Highlighted
MikeGalano
Punch Card
Views: 180
Message 12 of 14

ok if you want to boot to an NVMe drive with a system withou NVMe boot options you can always use this method.

https://www.win-raid.com/t2375f50-Guide-NVMe-boot-without-modding-your-UEFI-BIOS-Clover-EFI-bootload...

I have used it and it works getting PCIx 3.0 Speeds on my Thinkstation D30. Im using a Msata drive thats only32G and it works fine. Boots times are twice as fast as a D30 with just a SATA 3.0. Works for windows 10 , 8 and 7 for me

IanBD
Punch Card
Views: 98
Message 13 of 14

Hi Mike,

Did you happen to see that a fellow on Win-Raid was able to mod his S30 bios to add the UEFI NVME driver and was then able to boot directly off his 970 EVO without using Clover? I am trying to figure out how he got his bios flashed with the modded version, but am not having any luck.

MikeGalano
Punch Card
Views: 41
Message 14 of 14

I have not used the bios mod to enable NVMe boot drive.  Im sure it would work but the problem with that is if they release a new bios you have to mod the bios again.  So I just use the Boot loader option.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors