Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irfon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 211
Message 1 of 3

P330 Firewire/IEEE1394 Options for Saffire Pro 26 Audio Interface

I've got a P330 Tower (Model 30C5000WUS), running Windows 10 Workstation. I also have a Saffire Pro 26 firewire audio interface that I used to use to great effect on my old Mac (the machine I replaced with this one). The 30C5 build does not come with either firewire or thunderbolt ports, but I see in the options matrix here that both are available options.

I'm wondering if there's a way to enable the official Firewire options for this workstation for not a lot of cost. (The "not a lot of cost" is because this is just one variable in a complex dance of woe getting this thing to work, and the other parts involved might still fail.)

I don't need a front-facing port (which appears to require a flex bay). A single FW400 or FW800 port on the rear would be fine. (The interface is FW400, but I have cables to allow me to use either port.) Is the optional rear port literally just a jack, connecting to a header that already exists on my motherboard, or does it involve an additional interface card or hardware module? 

If it's the former, is it just the header labelled "Thunderbolt control connector" on the motherboard diagram on page 7 (pdf page 19) of the user's guide? 

If it's the latter, is it possible to purchase this card and port assembly so that I can install it? 

I've tried buying third-party PCIe firewire cards with dismal results so far, so my hope is that an official/supported solution would work out better.

If anyone's got a Saffire-series firewire audio interface successfully working on a P330, that would be even better information and I'd love to talk to you!

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee croooowe
Lenovo Employee
Views: 176
Message 2 of 3

Re: P330 Firewire/IEEE1394 Options for Saffire Pro 26 Audio Interface

Hello,

There is a supported PCIe card that has one port internally and one externally. The FRU PN is 01AJ811.

irfon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 171
Message 3 of 3

Re: P330 Firewire/IEEE1394 Options for Saffire Pro 26 Audio Interface

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors