Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluedog5
Punch Card
Views: 95
Message 1 of 4

P330 Front Hard Drive Enclosure

I just received my new P330 Tower and I have a question about the front panel. For the "First Flex Bay", I ordered an "Empty 5.25" HDD Enclosure" so I could install a 3.5" drive without front access. I expected the cover to look like the stock photo (bottom pic). What I got though, was a slotted cover next to the ultra-slim burner (top pic). That can't be right, can it? That's certainly not what I wanted.

P330-Tower.jpgthinkstation-p330-tower.jpg

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 85
Message 2 of 4

Re: P330 Front Hard Drive Enclosure

I think what you have is correct.

The bottom pic looks like it just has the solid blank bezel insert installed.  This gets installed when no 5.25" devices are selected.  The bezel pictured in the upper pic looks like the correct one for a 5.25".  It has a slot because your HDD needs airflow to keep temps under control.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Highlighted
bluedog5
Punch Card
Views: 79
Message 3 of 4

OK, so it's the correct bezel for a drive without front access. The slot is for airflow.

Would the bezel with front access look any different? Maybe I should have gone with that option.

Another question...where's the M.2 PCIe SSD?! There's a finned aluminum heatsink on the bottom right side of the motherboard, just below the 4 SATA plugs. Is that it?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 45
Message 4 of 4

The Front Access enclosure actually looks rather similar.  It still has a slot (same concept...drive still requires airflow), but it also has a lock to secure access of the drive.  Images below of the front of the enclosure (2nd pic is with the access door open).

FASE.JPGFront Access EnclosureFASE open.JPGAccess Door Open

The M.2 assembly is found just below the SATA connectors.  The white connector on the board should support a single M.2 NVMe drive.  We use a heatsink assembly on top of the NVMe to help aid with cooling and controlling drive temps.   The user guide is pretty useful for identifying parts locations  Smiley Happy.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors