Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_chao_o
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 1 of 6

P330 SFF add thunderbolt 3 ports?

Hello,

I wonder would it be possible to add thunderbolt 3 on P330 SFF for external graphic cards? If so what parts do I need for the upgrade? Many thanks

Lenovo Employee croooowe
Lenovo Employee
Views: 240
Message 2 of 6

Re: P330 SFF add thunderbolt 3 ports?

Hello,

It is possible, but unfortunately, at this time it appears that we do not have any parts set up as official Lenovo Options, which means the only path is purchasing FRUs to get the required parts:

• Thunderbolt add-in card - 01AJ971
  • This is a kit that should come with the TBT3 card, the GPIO cable that routes to the motherboard, and the rear DP loopback cable that connects the TBT3 card and GPU.

If you have any issues finding those parts you can always go 3rd party options as well and that should work. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 238
Message 3 of 6

P330 offers both a dual front port Thunderbolt 3 solution, as well as a single rear port Thunderbolt 3 solution.  The single rear port is much easier to add to an existing system as it requires fewer parts.  Unfrotunately neither of these are listed as available Option kits at this point, so purchasing FRU parts is the only way to make this happen.

Let me know which solution you'd prefer and I can chase down the correct part info for you.

Note that with either solution, you will need an available display port connection to loop back (externally) to the Thunderbolt card.

psuturtle edit: cross posted with @croooowe....at least we were providing similar responses Smiley Happy

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
c_chao_o
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 4 of 6

Hi, in that case I would opt for the single rear port option. Would very much appreciate it if you could kindly advise exactly what I need to purchase to get it sorted. Thanks Smiley Happy

c_chao_o
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 5 of 6

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 193
Message 6 of 6

I believe FRU 01AJ971 or FRU 5C50W00869 should be all you need.  Both should be valid kits for the rear Thunderbolt 3 card supported on P330, and should come with the TBT3 card, internal GPIO cable, and external DP loopback cable.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors