FR

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

P330 Tiny : Quadro P1000 not running, no bios access

2019-08-06, 4:48 AM

Hi all,

Back to work after a couple of weeks, I couldn’t use my CAD software yesterday because of awful performances. Even a basic selection lasts 1 or 2 minutes !

I investigated and saw that only the integrated Intel GPU was used, the Quadro P1000 remains inactive (0% load) ...

I tried to modify some parameters, but Nvidia config panel is nearly empty (french version)

Both GPU are detected by windows. I tried updating the driver, tried uninstalling P1000 and re-installing from windows, without any success.

I looked on the forum to find a way to access the bios, but F1 leads to a blank page (F10 + Enter allows to leave the page, so I assume I reach the bios but don’t see it !)

My computer : P300 tiny – I7-8700T – 32Gb – Nvidia Quadro P1000 + LEN TIO27 monitor, running Windows 10 Pro 1903.

... bought in april

I conscientiously keep the computer up to date with Vantage and Windows updates.

No recent software installation …

I can’t say precisely when it stopped working - no CAD during 1 month.

What could this be due to ? Wrong update or hardware failure ? How to control ?

Thank you for your help,

Mabosshard

Options

4 Posts

08-06-2019

FR

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: P330 Tiny : Quadro P1000 not running, no bios access

2019-08-06, 5:32 AM

Self solved ! (... but I don't understand at all)

- I ran diagnostic tool from Lenovo website. Success for each test, but still no P1000 active, impossible to enter BIOS.

- There has been a suddent short power shortage, computer stopped working (Replugged this morning on a non-protected plug of my UPS :smileysad:)

While rebooting (as I was ready to cry, discovering potential new problems) I saw the LENOVO writing on startup, that was not displayed any more those days. Hmmm, looks good !

--> I tried CAD software : it works.

--> Nvidia control panel is back

--> I rebooted and tried to enter BIOS : it works

... I don't know what to think about ... Will this last ? Of course I hope so, but I don't like solutions I don't understand.

I spent 1 day to make tests and a sudden power shortage solved ! :smileyfrustrated:

Mabosshard

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete