Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aziegelb
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 1 of 8

P330 Tiny Support for 64GB RAM

I see that Samsung has DDR4 32 GB SO-DIMM (2666 MHz) modules available for purchase.  Does the P330 Tiny support these, and if not, when are they expected to support 64 GB of RAM?

Thanks.

aziegelb
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 2 of 8

Re: P330 Tiny Support for 64GB RAM

BTW, something about the web page at the URL below is a bit unusual.  I can navigate to that page from the same system and same browser, and there appear to be two different versions of the page.  In one version I see tabs for "Features", "Tech Specs", and "View Current Models".  On that page the Memory specs shows "Up to 64GB".  The other version of this page has the same tabs as above plus "Ratings & Reviews", Top Accessories", and "Services".  On that version of the page for the Memory specs it says "Support up to 64GB - Coming Soon".

https://www.lenovo.com/my/en/workstations/thinkstation-p-series/ThinkStation-P330-Tiny/p/33TS3TP330X

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 390
Message 3 of 8

My documentation shows that the 32GB SoDIMM is supported on P330 Tiny.  

I don't have any samples on hand to actually spot check for you, but I think this should be good to go.  It might be a timing thing where support for this part hasn't actually hit the online configurators yet.  You might have better luck calling in and speaking with a sales rep directly to see if you can get that added to your config.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
stovakor
What's DOS?
Views: 353
Message 4 of 8

Can you link to said documentation?
The P330 Tiny platform spec sheet just lists what memory type it uses, not the max supported size of each DIMM.

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkStation/ThinkStation%20P330%20Tiny/ThinkStation%20P330...

Does the 64GB support require a particular BIOS revision or firmware level?
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 337
Message 5 of 8

@stovakor wrote:
Can you link to said documentation?

Ummmm.....no, because you don't work here Smiley Wink

Flashing to the latest BIOS would always be a good idea.  I highly doubt support for 32GB SoDIMMs would be tied to a specific BIOS level and above, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be on the latest supported BIOS.

My guess is the PSREF sheets are not calling out specific DIMM sizes simply to avoid having to update that document as the support changes/increases.  

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
aziegelb
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 6 of 8

I already own the P330 Tiny so I was looking for an after market solution.  I took a leap of faith and ordered a pair of 32 GB Samsung DDR4 SO-DIMMs and I can confirm they are working.  Thank you.

aziegelb
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 7 of 8

I ordered a pair of 32 GB SO-DIMMs made by Samsung and have them working in my P330 Tiny.  The part number is M471A4G43MB1-CTDD0 and I ordered mine from SuperBiiz.  I am running the latest BIOS as well...not sure if that matters.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 243
Message 8 of 8

Good to hear!  My guess is they are the same parts we have officially qualified since there really aren't a plethora of parts/vendors in that space right now.

Being on latest BIOS shouldn't be required to get the new DIMMs to work OK, but it's always a good idea to make sure you're running the latest supported BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors