cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quasar3c
Punch Card
Views: 285
Message 1 of 6

P500: Need FRU of the "plastic tab" to secure a FLEX adapter with the front fan assembly

Hello,

I am trying to install a FLEX RAID Adapter on my Lenovo ThinkStation P500. According to the manual, I need a "plastic tab" between the FLEX adapter and the front fan assembly. Where do I get one? I ordered a "4XH0H01346 Front Fan Assembly" but it didn't came with such a "tab".

Official Lenovo documents:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/cb1d844b-437a-48a0-b12b-8cbaa27406c0

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100109

Pictures:

plastic_tab.PNGMissing_tab1Fan_to_Flex_without_plasctic_tab.jpgMissing_tab2

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 240
Message 2 of 6

Re: P500: Need FRU of the "plastic tab" to secure a FLEX adapter with the front fan assemb

FRU 01EF549 should be the one you need.  That part is unique to P500/P510 due to the offset of the FLEX connector location on the board in relation to the front fan/card guide assembly.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
MikeGalano
Punch Card
Views: 187
Message 3 of 6

Re: P500: Need FRU of the "plastic tab" to secure a FLEX adapter with the front fan assemb

So if I want to install a PCI NVMw Flex adaptor on a system I would also need to install a Front Graphics Cooling Fan Assembly so it has something to attach to.  My system does not currently have a front fan.  Is that correct?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 164
Message 4 of 6

Yes that's correct...you'd need the following:

- M.2 FLEX adapter

- FLEX adapter extender for P500 (FRU 01EF549)

- Front fan assembly with card guide (FRU 03T8797)

Note that the FRU for the M.2 FLEX adapter is actually two fold. 

- FRU 00FC950 is the FRU for the adapter itself

- FRU 00FC958 is the FRU for the heatsink kit 

There was a midstream transition to add the heatsink kit to the M.2 FLEX adapter for this platform.  So some of the older M.2 FLEX adapters don't have the hooks to support the heatsink kit.  While not absolutely necessary to getting M.2 functionality, I would recommend using the heatsink kit as it should provide the best performance under high load/high heat situations.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
scottofazphx
What's DOS?
Views: 72
Message 5 of 6

Where can i fint the extender FRU 01EF549. Doesnt seem to show on the parts list i can order

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 62
Message 6 of 6

I think  FRUs in the US are generally handled by Encompass now.  I did a quick search on their site, and that FRU doesn't seem to show up.  You might consider submitting a research request to have them look into it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors