Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

5047 Posts

02-22-2010

United States of America

3604 Signins

50590 Page Views

• Views: 50590
  • Message 11 of 12

Re:P510 No Video, No POST, No Boot, No Fun

2020-12-18, 7:13 AM

I think this will depend on the vintage of the K2000 card in question.  I'd have to double check the history on this, but I'm fairly certain that Nvidia implemented hybrid OPROM support mid-cycle on the K-series cards.  I believe the initial cards we used were legacy only, and a later VBIOS update added the hybrid option.  The tips you're referencing seem to apply to cards that already had the hybrid OPROM since they are referencing UEFI support.  Also note our BIOS core was significantly different than what our Server team was using, and we didn't necessarily share common VBIOS on the Quadro GPUs...so there are definitely added variables there.  

When the issue was occurring, was the system giving any sort of error beep sequence?  Typically if BIOS can't find a valid video OPROM to boot, it will present with an error beep sequence.  If that wasn't occurring, then the culprit could certainly be the issue referenced in the tip mentioned.  Though I will also say I'm seeing some slight differences in how P620 BIOS is working in this area compared to our previous platforms, so it could take some extra effort to flesh that out for sure as we haven't tested GPUs as old as the Kepler series Quadro cards on P620.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Options

12 Posts

12-15-2020

Germany

10 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 12 of 12

Re:P510 No Video, No POST, No Boot, No Fun

2020-12-18, 8:15 AM

No, the system did not beep and did not show any error code at all.
Fans were running at max speed, and all white LEDs were lit (power and the ones for the USB ports and front audio ports).
That's were it got stuck. Nothing to see on the screen - and when you pressed the power button the machine turned immediately off.

But when I switched from DispayPort to DP->HDMI or DVI the system booted without issues.
At least my card had UEFI Support even before the GOP code update because I had it working in a computer with UEFI (and disabled CSM) running before. And GPU-Z showed the UEFI checkmark as well before I downloaded the old VBIOS from the card.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms