Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
creacon
Punch Card
Views: 119
Message 21 of 23

Re: P520 drive bays 3/4

Thanks for the info, if I understand correctly you can install a HD toolless (so no screws) but you have to plug in the cable manually as opposed to just sliding in the HD on the 510, correct?

If I were to order the 520 without HD (but with 2 M.2's on the motherboard), would it still contain drive bays 1+2?

Thanks

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 110
Message 22 of 23

Correct.  P520 uses a tool-less drive tray that mounts the drive.  That tray then slides into the drive cage assembly, and SATA data and power must be connected manually.

The tray can convert to support either a 3.5" drive or 2.5" drive with no additional tools/parts.

If you order P520 without any SATA drvives (3.5" or 2.5"), then the system will include the following:

- Drive trays for bays 1 and 2

- SATA power cable for bay 1

- Dual drop SATA power cable to support bays 1 and 2.

- Note that M.2 drives shouldn't affect this in any way.

Obviously if you order drives from the factory, they would be fully configured and functional. 

If you order no SATA drives, but want the parts to be able to fully support all 4 HDD bays, then I'd suggest ordering the P520 Storage Bay Upgrade Kit as an Option (Option PN = 4XH0S69186), which will give you the addtiional parts you need to fully support all 4 HDD bays.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Highlighted
creacon
Punch Card
Views: 106
Message 23 of 23

As always, a very clear and complete answer. :-)

Thank you.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors