Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

05-08-2015

Vienna

21 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 1 of 4

P900 with LSI Flexraid Adapter looses a pair of raid disks at once

2021-04-04, 16:07 PM

System is a P900 with Win10 running now for some years without any problems.

LSI Flexraid is configrure for 7 physical drives to 4 logical drives

2 x 250GB SSD as Raid 1  System C

2 x 500GB SSD as Raid 0  Data for Phot and Video Work

1 x 1 TB SSD for data

2x 6TB WD Red SATA as Raid 1 for Data Storage.

The 2 6 TB disks are all of a sudden gone Flexraid adapter sees them but does not create a virtual drive on them.

When I enter FlexRaid configuration both Disks are marked as Frn - Def .

Any chance to get them back? I always thought if one disk will fail I'll get a notice and can rebuild. It seems to me that it is very unlikely that both disks fail at the same time as they are from different sources.

Any help highly appreciated.

PS I can mark one as good without configuration - the flexraid will see and mount it but I can see all files ok but cannot open them.

Shall I mark bot of them as good without configuration?

Answer
Options

1097 Posts

01-14-2014

United States of America

2070 Signins

15759 Page Views

• Views: 15759

Re:P900 with LSI Flexraid Adapter looses a pair of raid disks at once

2021-04-05, 14:32 PM

For your last statement: 

I have now after reading a little to the topic marked both disks as "good without configuration" and the frexraid sees them an boots them as Raid1 but says 1 Virtual drive degraded Does that mean the raid adpater will recover the drives or do I have to do something? I can see all folders of the drive down to the lowest level but cannot open the folders with the files in it...

The virtual drive that says degraded, do both in the RAID array show up as as 'normal' within the LSI MegaRAID utility? If not, it seems like one (or both) of the drives have been corrupted....which would likely result in needing to replace the drive that is showing the issue.  

Replies(3)
Options

14 Posts

05-08-2015

Vienna

21 Signins

138 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

P900 with LSI Flexraid Adapter looses a pair of raid disks at once

2021-04-04, 17:17 PM
I have now after reading a little to the topic marked both disks as "good without configuration" and the frexraid sees them an boots them as Raid1 but says 1 Virtual drive degraded Does that mean the raid adpater will recover the drives or do I have to do something? I can see all folders of the drive down to the lowest level but cannot open the folders with the files in it...
Answer
Options

1097 Posts

01-14-2014

United States of America

2070 Signins

15759 Page Views

• Views: 15759
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-05, 14:32 PM

For your last statement: 

The virtual drive that says degraded, do both in the RAID array show up as as 'normal' within the LSI MegaRAID utility? If not, it seems like one (or both) of the drives have been corrupted....which would likely result in needing to replace the drive that is showing the issue.  

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

14 Posts

05-08-2015

Vienna

21 Signins

138 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-04-05, 23:14 PM

Thanks - I did set both of the drives as Good without configuration and was able to copy almost 99% of the data to a spare drive. Strange that during this process even when setting each of the 2 drives as good none really worked flawlessly...

I will therefore replace both drives with new ones...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms