Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkStationThinkStation Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

128 Posts

10-22-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

241 Signins

2214 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2214
  • Message 1 of 3

The Lenovo logo "For Those Who Do"

2015-10-18, 18:00 PM

FOR THOSE WHO DO and just like me have trouble understanding why Lenovo allowed a group of young marketers kill their CORE business slogan and logo which throughout years made so many of us feel attracted to the brand, I have a little relief in this post.

If you own a sleek ThinkStation P series and are terribly disturbed by the new logo during POST which according to many, matches better a toy manufacturer (in part due to the smiley 'e') than a professional class hardware manufacturer, well then look no further, simply:

1. Download the official 'USB Drive UEFI BIOS Flash Package' for your ThinkStation from the corresponding support page
  2. Download the bitmap image I have shared here:    1drv[dot]ms[forward_slash]1GhOIzs
  3. Copy everything to a bootable DOS USB stick
  4. Set your BIOS to legacy mode so it can boot off the USB stick
  5. Boot the system, press F12, select the USB key as the boot device
  6. At the DOS prompt type:   logo lenovo.bmp
  7. Reboot and say good bye to the silly new logo that has been pushed to all of us since BIOS revision 77A

Notes:

• Don't forget to set your BIOS setting (Legacy/UEFI) back to its previous value if you changed anything at step 4.
  • For a detailed description of the steps, read the file: readme.1st   included with the BIOS Flash package provided by Lenovo
  • When updating the BIOS to newer revisions you will have to reflash the authentic logo back again following the 7 steps above
  • For creating a DOS USB stick fast and easy, try searching the internet for “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”
  • The aspect ratio of the BIOS logo image is 4:3 but most screens nowadays have a 16:9 aspect ratio. I have compensated for this stretching in width so the result will display with the right aspect ratio on 16:9 screens.
Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: The Lenovo logo "For Those Who Do"

2015-10-19, 14:49 PM

Nice work!  The new logo has certainly been a point of discussion in many places.  It seems to be either loved or hated.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the new logo if not surrounded with so many different colors.  The old text is still my preference.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

128 Posts

10-22-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

241 Signins

2214 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2214
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: The Lenovo logo "For Those Who Do"

2016-05-12, 23:50 PM

The previous link appeared to be broken. Here is the new download link to the logo bitmap image.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms