cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 5,499

Question

I have a new D30, downloaded RAID drivers for Intel C600. Pressing F6 to install drivers during Windows Ult x64 install and driver "Intel C600 Series Chipset SATA Raid" installs but windows displays "No drives were found".

I've tried changing the BIOS to use SATA RAID and SATA AHCI but to no avail. Raid array is bootable. I'm stumped. I've used Lenovo's drivers and Intel drivers with no luck. I updated the BIOS, too. Any ideas what to try?

There are 4 500GB HDD I want to raid 1+0.

Answer

Please ensure where your HDDs are connected. Is it the SCU ports (blue) or AHCI ports (red/orange)?

If you have connected to the SCU, all RAID configs on SCU must be set up using the SCU oprom (accessed by hitting CTRL+I during POST when prompted).  Changing the "SATA mode" setting in BIOS setup will only affect the AHCI ports and will have zero effect on the SCU ports.

Once you set up the RAID in the oprom, then it's just a matter of providing the correct driver for windows during setup to get it to recognize the RAID array.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
cadkarthick

My D30 is not powering on.i can see only a green light at the PSU..the waranty is not there becoz i purchased from refurbished vendor.According to local service center, the motherboard has to be replaced.But motherboard is not available in india.even the lenovo customer care also not willing to help.can anyone help me to rectify the issue.where can i purchse the motherboard.?