Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bartosz541
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 1 of 3

ThinkStation P330 Tower and RTX 2080 Ti

I am seriously thinking about bying Thinkstation P330 Tower and my only concern is whether I can install RTX 2080 Ti graphics in it. I would be really glad to hear some confirmation if it's possible.

Cheers!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 81
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkStation P330 Tower and RTX 2080 Ti

Officially, we don't support that card on any ThinkStation.

Off the top of my head, I highly doubt this is going to work if you were to try it out on your own.  The power draw from that card (and specifically the surge under load) will likely be too great for the PSU to handle.

Additionally, every 2080Ti card I've seen so far uses a multi-fan thermal design that pulls air in from the rear I/O area of the card  and exhausts it into the system.  This is basically backwards from the way most GPUs we support in P330 work...which is to take air from the tail of the card and exhaust it through the rear I/O.  So that could lead to other thermal concerns within the box.

If you truly want to use the RTX 2080Ti, I'd suggest looking at a P520 instead.  Even with the smaller 690W PSU in that system, we should be able to support a single 2080Ti.  Note that this refers to the Founder's Edition 2080Ti card as this is the only version we've looked at.  Other versions that overclock could be significantly larger and have different thermal/mechanical/power concerns that are not mentioned here.

If I can carve out some time, I'll see if we can pop a FE 2080Ti in a P330 and see what happens.  But we're running short-staffed right now and buried under a lot of other work, so I can't guarantee we'll get to it quickly.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
bartosz541
What's DOS?
Views: 58
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkStation P330 Tower and RTX 2080 Ti

Thank you for the informative answer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors