Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hta9456
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 1 of 4

Thinkstation P330 Tiny - Display not responding

I have been using my Thinkstation P330 without issue for a couple of months. When I turned it on this morning, the monitor was not responding. I tried hooking it up to a different monitor with a different cable but it did not respond. I tried power cycling and re-seating the memory and it still hasn't resolved the issue. The PC powers on, fans turn on, and the num key light on the keyboard powers on. If I press F2, it looks like I can access the BIOS menu, but with no video signal, I can't do anything on BIOS. I use a DVI to HDMI cable connected to the motherboard instead of the NVIDIA Quadro P620.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 235
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkstation P330 Tiny - Display not responding

For P330 Tiny systems equipped with a discrete GPU (such as the P620 or P1000 by Nvidia), video output will only occur on the Nvidia ports while the system is in POST as that card is enumerated as the primary card.  So if you try to enter BIOS setup (via F1, not F2), you'll only be able to see this on a display connected to the Nvidia GPU.

In that scenario, onboard graphics will only be functional once the OS and appropriate driver loads. 

If you connect your display to the Nvidia GPU directly, you should be able to see BIOS/POST messages just fine, and make any changes necessary in BIOS setup.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
hta9456
What's DOS?
Views: 221
Message 3 of 4

Why would it suddenly stop booting from the onboard graphics after all this time? My computer booted fine without connecting my display to the GPU.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 185
Message 4 of 4

I should probably clarify my previous post a bit.

If you have your display connected to one of the onboard graphics ports, it should still boot to the OS just fine.  However, you won't be able to see video output during POST in that case.  You'd have to wait for the OS (and driver) to load to support onboard graphics as BIOS would have enumerated the GPU as primary.   From the last part of your post, it sounded as though you were questioning why you couldn't see BIOS setup with the display connected to one of the onboard ports.

If you're still not able to see any graphics output even after the OS loads (while connected to the onboard graphics port), then that would likely indicate some sort of possible driver issue.  Perhaps something happened during a recent Windows update?  Try connecting your display to the GPU and then checking out device manager to see if the Intel onboard graphics has an appropriate driver loaded.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors