Did you mean: 
El_Capitan
HDMI
Views: 726
Message 1 of 3

Thinkstation P330 Tiny M.2 Drives

Greetings,

My P330 is on the way.  Very exciting.

Before I order some additional parts, I need to know if the two M.2 slots are NVME only, or if they also have a SATA controller.

Cheers,

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 703
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkstation P330 Tiny M.2 Drives

I'm assuming you mean P330 Tiny?  Either way, congrats!

For either platform, the M.2 slots only support NVMe drives.  SATA M.2 is not supported.

psuturtle edit: So I'm going to hold off on that response for a bit.  I was fairly certain M.2 SATA was not supported, but on my P330 Tiny I decided to start tinkering around and I do see a line item status for "M.2 SATA" in the system summary tab of BIOS.  I need to figure out if this is valid or a leftover artifact of some sort in BIOS.  Let me do some further digging on this.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 687
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkstation P330 Tiny M.2 Drives

So I decided to go start tinkering with this in the lab since I don't have a schematic of the motherboard handy to confirm the wiring.

Slot 1 definitely does not support SATA M.2, but it looks like Slot 2 does.  I'm working to confirm that info with the team, but it appears to be the case.  

I also went and checked this on P320 Tiny out of curiosity, and it appears that platform is wired the same way....Slot 2 supports SATA M.2 or NVMe M.2.  

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors