US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkstation P920 Error code

2020-05-16, 3:49 AM

Hello,

Can anyone please help me have look at what's the meaning of the error codes for P920.

i tried to upgrade my bios with the Lenovo System Update, it automatically restarted, then got freeze. I tried to push the power button but the display shows black all the time. Later these two codes start to flash. The first one is bios and second one looks like b030.

BTW, i did try burn s05j944usa.iso to usb, but it doesnt work. does it have to be a CM/DVD?

Thank you

Chris

Options

4566 Posts

02-22-2010

NC

3433 Signins

48000 Page Views

• Views: 48000
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Thinkstation P920 Error code

2020-05-20, 17:10 PM

A diag code of B030 indicates a system halt/hang at checkpoint 30.  Checkpoint 30 is typically seen during a resume from S3.  So that seems like an odd checkpoint to be seeing after an attempt at flashing BIOS.  Are you hearing any error beep codes during an attempted startup?

Burning the ISO to media such as CD or USB isn't going to create a functional boot media.  You need to create the boot media from the ISO file.  Typically for the .ISO method of flashing BIOS, the recommended procedure is to use another system to create a bootable CD/DVD from the ISO file.  You can do this by double clicking the .ISO file in win10, and it should automatically open the appropriate software to burn the disc (assuming your alternate system supports that feature).

Is your system no longer booting properly?  If not, you could try clearing CMOS per the procedure highlighted in the HMM (Hardware Maintenance Manual).  If that fails to resolve the problem, you could try performing a boot block recovery, which is also documented in the HMM.  For boot block recovery, I'd recommend properly creating the bootable CD media as mentioned above first.

If all else fails, you could place a call to service/support to see if they can get somebody out to help you with the issue.  The steps above are some basic debug steps though that you can try to take before resorting to that.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Options

1 Posts

05-16-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-24, 3:12 AM

Thank you so much psuturtle!!! However, it still doesn't work. Do you know if there is any local support office in Houston, so that i can directly go there and fix it?

Options

4566 Posts

02-22-2010

NC

3433 Signins

48000 Page Views

• Views: 48000
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-05-27, 23:09 PM

I don't think there's depot-like service available, but I could be wrong.  Typically it's the other way around and service techs are sent onsite as far as I know.  But your best bet is to get the ticket initiated with the service team and see what they recommend.  I'm certainly not up to date on what their various processes are :).

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete