01-13-2021

GB

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkstation S30 troubleshooting

2021-01-13, 21:49 PM

Hello everyone, I've come across a bit of an issue with my thinkstation S30, the system is a 0568 board and has an E5 2690 V1 for cpu, some 1333MHz standard ECC non registered DDR3 for the time being though I've tried with registered and also with standard udimms with no luck, I'm getting the error code of 62 on the post code display, I've not been able to find much information on this code though and as a result I've found myself here, I've put the device into the maintenance mode a few times to flush out the cmos and see if that couldn't get me out of trouble, tried different ram, a different cpu, the system has run fine for quite some time prior to this and the only change made today was stepping down from 2 16gb PC3L rdimms down to 4x2gb standard edimms, the addition of 2 500gb hard drives in raid 0 and the removal of a 980ti, but now even with the reinstallation of the previous 980ti, hard drives and 2x16 of ram the issue doesn't resolve and I still get the 62 code, I did see that some people have had luck with reflashing the bios but I can't seem to get that to work, unfortunately I don't have any blank CD's or DVD's handy and from another forum entry there was mention of how to do it with a USB stick rather than a disk though this didn't seem to work either, I don't get any video output at all with a known good graphics card when the system is in either mode be that the standard mode or the recovery mode, if anyone can help I'd be very grateful as at current I'm completely stumped.

Options

893 Posts

01-14-2014

US

2003 Signins

14469 Page Views

• Views: 14469
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinkstation S30 troubleshooting

2021-01-15, 21:26 PM

It sounds like you might be having system memory issues. What happens if you remove all your memory DIMMs from the system? DO you get an audio beep code sequence pattern when you attempt to boot the system with no memory DIMMs installed? 

Next, try installing one DIMM at a time and booting the system to see if you have a bad memory DIMM (or DIMM slot).  

Options

2 Posts

01-13-2021

GB

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinkstation S30 troubleshooting

2021-01-15, 21:38 PM

@ mebsterbball wrote:

It sounds like you might be having system memory issues. What happens if you remove all your memory DIMMs from the system? DO you get an audio beep code sequence pattern when you attempt to boot the system with no memory DIMMs installed? 

Next, try installing one DIMM at a time and booting the system to see if you have a bad memory DIMM (or DIMM slot).  

If I remove all the DIMMS I do get a beep code sequence as expected, I don't believe my issue to be memory related as the system was working fine with the old 2x16 lot that I was running before and the issue persists with that memory still, that memory is still known good as I've got it running in another machine for the time being so I can't imagine it's memory, but I will try a single DIMM and see how we get on either way 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms