AT

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Two questions about ThinkStation P340

2021-01-08, 22:42 PM

Hello, 

If I may can I ask two questions about the P340. 

First, I was surprised it doesn't come with Wlan. Is it not possible to the Wlan/Bluetooth module at the same time as having dedicated gpu? Can anyone give their experience of installing the Wlan module? Is it also necessary to install the antenna? 

Second, it's still not clear to me how the dedicated gpu works. Is it only possible to activate it through connecting it via Mini DP to Display Port?

Thanks. 

Options

126 Posts

01-11-2016

CN

87 Signins

834 Page Views

• Views: 834
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Two questions about ThinkStation P340

2021-01-09, 0:14 AM

First, I was surprised it doesn't come with Wlan. Is it not possible to the Wlan/Bluetooth module at the same time as having dedicated gpu?--- P340 WLAN modle have  

Independent interface on the motherboard. An external antenna is required.
It is recommended to check the option website or contact your local Service to see if these parts can be sold separately and installed

Can anyone give their experience of installing the Wlan module?  --- If you have purchased an option kit, complete installation instructions are included in the option kit.

Or the simplest way you choose to buy a USB Wifi dongle, so there will be more choices

Is it also necessary to install the antenna?  --- Yes he M.2 version  needed  antenna , the Antenna need install out of chassis 

Second, it's still not clear to me how the dedicated gpu works. Is it only possible to activate it through connecting it via Mini DP to Display Port?  ---   some monitor have miniDP cable  or

Use the  mini DP to Dp dongle  https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/cables-and-adapters/adapters/CABLE-BO-miniDP-to-DP-cable/p/4X90L13971?ipromoid=LEN709746

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms