cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillMcQ
Not applicable
Views: 498
Message 1 of 5

What connector is used for the rear wifi antenna on the p320 tiny - because its not an SMA type

I've lost the rear antenna for my Thinkstation p320 Tiny during a recent move. I thought it would be an easy item to replace. However I have found that Lenovo have used a smaller connector than the standard SMA type , and off-the-shelf wifi antennas cannot be attached to the rear wifi output on the p320 Tiny.

Is anyone able to identify the connector type so that I can look for an equivalent antenna if I'm unable to obtain on from Lenovo.

Any help with this would be appreciated

JDGillis
Not applicable
Views: 481
Message 2 of 5

Re: What connector is used for the rear wifi antenna on the p320 tiny - because its not an SMA type

I don't know what specific connector they used, but the part number for the original antenna is 00XJ094

Found a few for sale on ebay here in the states, but you might try searching for 00XJ094 in your region for one a bit closer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/lenovo-luxshare-pifa-antenna-lipn-sa30m36130-fru-pn-00xj094-/233114867500?_...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-LUXSHARE-PIFA-ANTENNA-LI-PN-SA30M36130-FRU-PN-00XJ094-/273683071250

Cheers,

psuturtle
Not applicable
Views: 463
Message 3 of 5

Re: What connector is used for the rear wifi antenna on the p320 tiny - because its not an SMA type

@JDGillis is correct here.  The FRU for the rear antenna on P320 Tiny is 00XJ094.  It's referred to as a "Lx PIFA stick antenna" in the part description.  I can't seem to locate the actual connector type in the specs, but it is certainly not SMA.  I'd say going after the FRU part is really the easiest solution versus trying to buy a 3rd party antenna.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
Highlighted
psuturtle
Not applicable
Views: 430
Message 4 of 5

As it turns out, that connector on P330 Tiny is actually custom.  There are parts that can convert it (either directly to SMA, or replacing the internal RF cable with one that has SMA on the other end), but I'm thinking this is going to be a more costly route than simply purchasing the FRU for the officially supported antenna (00XJ094).

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
BillMcQ
Not applicable
Views: 424
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. I'm surprised that Lenovo have gone for a custom solution but its good to know.

If the lenovo custom antenna becomes unavailable then changing the internal RF cable / connector is a viable option.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors