09-18-2019 04:40 PM
First time purchasing / using a Lenovo server, so far im very impressed!
I have a few questions regarding optimal raid setup for our enviroment, specifically the below items, the main data array will be RAID 10
STRIP size: ?
Read Policy: ?
Write Policy: ?
I/O pOlicy: ?
Drive cache: ?
Our enviroment: Server will be a Hyper-V 2019 host, hosting the following VMs on RAID 10 array, connected to UPS
- Domain Controller / DNS / DHCP
- Multiple file servers (lots of small files but some large ones)
- Application server
- IIS web services
- Deployment (MDT for now, may eventually start using SCCM)
- Print server
09-18-2019 06:43 PM
1. According to ThinkSystem_RAID_930-24i_Adapter user guide, the ThinkSystem 930-24i support configurable stripe size up to 1 MB.
2. Please find the ThinkSystem 930-24i read Policy, write Policy, /O policy and drive cache from the LSI Storage Authority Software User Guide.
You also can refer below Lenovo RAID controller related website for more information.
09-18-2019 06:52 PM
09-18-2019 08:51 PM