Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter SystemsThinkSystem
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-12-2021

Italy

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Problem with Lenovo UPS Power Protector on Windows 2016 Server

2021-01-12, 14:24 PM

Hello,

I've installed UPS Power Protector v01.66.0012 on two Win2016 servers. The software itself is running and working, but I need that when the UPS kicks in, the event is triggeder from Windows to another software (DataCore) which must perform certain activities'.

This does not happen because the UPP service report following error in the Event Viewer:

"The Lenovo UPS Power Protector service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly."

I have tried to change the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsNoInteractiveServices changing value “1” to “0” but did not work.

Anyone can help me, please ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Davide

Options

30 Posts

10-29-2015

China

43 Signins

499 Page Views

• Views: 499
  • Message 2 of 3

Problem with Lenovo UPS Power Protector on Windows 2016 Server

2021-01-13, 2:12 AM
RESOLUTION 1. Open Control Panel 2. Double click system and security 3. Double click Administrative Tools 4. Double click Services 5. Select the Interactive Service Detection from the list and right click on it 6. Select Start 7. Right click Properties 8. In Startup type select Enable 9. Click OK 10. Reboot system Note: If an “Error 1: Incorrect Function” is issued, adjustment of a registry key is required: Caution: Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer, including the Registry. : regedit : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Path: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows DWORD: NoInteractiveServices Change value “1” to “0” Start the Interactive Detection Service by services. Reboot system
Options

2 Posts

01-12-2021

Italy

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Problem with Lenovo UPS Power Protector on Windows 2016 Server

2021-01-13, 7:30 AM

Hello,

I've already done all you suggest. The error in the event log is gone, but my problem is the UPP seems not to send to windows any message or action. My needs is that datacore is waiting for a windows event regarding the ups to disable write on cache.

The workflow should be:

1) UPS start on batteries.

2) UPP send to the o.s. "something".

3) Datacore intercept this "something" and disable the write cache.

It seems the UPP is not 100% compliant with Windows 2016.

thank you

Best regards

Davide

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms