Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpiderPig
Not applicable
Views: 557
Message 1 of 4

SR530 7X08 Intel X722 issue with Windows Server 2019

I'm unable to create a a new virtual switch, type external via WAC>Tools>Virtual Switches>New. When the applet is trying to load the network adapters, I get the following error notification,

Failed to load the network adapters. Error: RemoteException: No MSFT_NetIPInterface objects found with property 'interfaceindex' equal to '3'. Verify the value of the property and retry.

If I run the following PS command > Get-NetAdapter

the following output is given below.

Name                                                          InterfaceDescription                    ifIndex Status           LinkSpeed

Local Area Connection Intel Ethernet Intel Ethernet Connection X722 3           Not Present 0 bps

Note. there is no MAC address listed for this adapter.

Note. I apologise for the formatting but hopefully it makes sense.

If I have a look at the Network Connections GUI I don't see this specific network adapter listed.

I have applied the latest firmware and the latest drivers from Lenovo, Microsoft and Intel.

I believe WAC is having an issue loading the network adapters when this adapter is being returned and the error notification seen appears to support this.

The question is, what is this adapter, why is it being listed and is it a firmware and/or driver issue causing the problem?

All other physical network adapters are accounted for and working properly.

EDIT: Updated the title to something a little more relevant.

ccchen
Not applicable
Views: 502
Message 2 of 4

Re: SR530 7X08 Intel X722 issue with Windows Server 2019

Hi SpiderPig,

Which driver version are you using on Win SVR 2019?

Do you refer to the MS webpage, how to install Hyper-V and create a virtual switch to do it?

Please install the latest LAN driver-v23.5.1a and follow the article Create a virtual switch for Hyper-V virtual machines to create the virtual switch. 

SpiderPig
Not applicable
Views: 497
Message 3 of 4

Hi CCCHEN,

I've already downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Intel as well as created a virtual switch using powershell.

It isn't so much an issue with the ability to create a virtual switch but rather the listing of the Local Area Network X722 adapter as per the inital post but the fact that it is showing as not present and when I try to create a new virtual switch or view the settings of an existing virtual switch from within Windows Admin Center do I get the error.

It appears that whatever the powershell script is that runs behind WAC when trying to create/edit a virtual switch, it doesn't like the fact that this Local Area Network adapter exists on the sysetm as per the error message that is output. To keep it simple I removed any existing team adapters, virtual switches etc. and only had the physical adapters listed. Even with a default install of Windows Server 2019 including updated firmware/drivers, windows updates, the Local Area Network adapter is still present although I don't understand which physical/virtual port it could relate to.

At this stage, I'm not sure if the issue is with WAC or the fact that there is an issue with the X722 adapter and the presence of the Local Area Network adapter.

ccchen
Not applicable
Views: 477
Message 4 of 4

Hi SpiderPig,

I created a virtual switch using the X722 LOM #2 installed on our lab machine, but cannot duplicate the error message as you said.

Capture.PNG

Could you let me know the steps you go through on your server so that I can follow it to see if I can duplicate the same error?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors