Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matty_mbtxAU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 239
Message 1 of 2

SR630 second processor upgrade

Hey everybody!

I'm hoping someone here today can point me in the right direction with my wonderful SR630 (1st Gen) that shipped with a single Intel Xeon Silver 4114 10C 20T 2.2GHz 85w processor, but the system board is dual-processor capable.

Because Lenovo worldwide sells some items first-hand, and sells other items or parts through various Lenovo service partners and what not, I can't seem to find where/how to buy a second Xeon 4114 for my SR630. I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

I know that Lenovo has a specific product "kit" that includes what I would need to pop the new processor in, but I can't seem to identify what it's SKU/Part No. would be AND where I might even be able to purchase this upgrade kit. From my understanding such a kit includes the processor, the heatsink and what else might be required to complete the upgrade.

Even a good ol' Google search throws up search results to buy a whole new server, which makes it a little difficult to navigate.

Help me Obi-Wan(s), you're my only hope...

P.S: The attached screenshot is a listing of the original part that shipped with my baby, but I am not aware whether that Part No./Mfg. Part No. is different... i.e. one part number for a processor that ships with the machine vs. a part number that is the entire upgrade kit.

--------------
Matty from Australia