Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hajdulad
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 1 of 5

Xclarity essential BoMC error in version 11.6 by creating the USB boot media

Hello,

I have tried to make a bootable media to update server SR650 / 7X06, but the utility version 11.6  fails.  (Windows version)

(lnvgy_utl_lxce_bomc01i-11.6.0_windows_i386.exe)

The earlier version 11.5 has no problem.

Can you update :

lnvgy_utl_boot_bomc-1.0.0-1.3.6

to fix an error, which was displayed after downloading all patches and beginnig creation of boot media.

Error(s) occurs while creating the bootable media! 
Error message: Media creation error: Failed to decompress C:/dokumentacie/tory/ponuka-servrov/SR650-type 7X06/workingdir116/lnvgy_utl_boot_bomc-1.0.0-1.3.6.zip.

The earlier version 11.5 has no problem. Bootable media was created correct.

Lenovo Employee LancelotSun
Lenovo Employee
Views: 716
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xclarity essential BoMC error in version 11.6 by creating the USB boot media

The problem may result from the different work directions. Please check if there is a folder as "workingdir116" and check the folder in 11.5. Or you can provide BOMC log for further review.  

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 715
Message 3 of 5

Re: Xclarity essential BoMC error in version 11.6 by creating the USB boot media

Hi Sir,

I downloaded BOMC creator version 11.6 to test. I can make a bootable media for server SR650 / 7X06 successfully. I provided all options I selected on each step for yor reference:

Select server SR650 / 7X06 on Targeted Systems page -> Select Update on Media Purpose page -> Select Check the Lenovo support web site/UpdateXpress System Packs (UXSP's) on Acquire Location page-> Select Default Repository on Network Access page -> Use default Directory: C:\Temp\workingdir on Target Directory page -> Select Write to image file \bootable.iso on Media Format page -> Select Do not use unattended mode on Unattended Mode Configuration page ->  Review configuration and run the creation process.

1.PNG

hajdulad
Paper Tape
Views: 662
Message 4 of 5

Yes, now it is working. Changing from my own directory to \temp\workingdir was the operation successful. Or someone from Lenovo changed some files in BoMC update?

Schlabberer
Token Ring
Views: 398
Message 5 of 5

have the same issue with the same version of BOMC

and I had a different workingdir location

c:\temp\workingdir hardcoded in the program? - bad idea I guess

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors