cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyrusniac
What's DOS?
Views: 171
Message 1 of 4

re-configure Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 xclarity controller ip address from vmware esxi 6.5

Hello,

It is possible to re-configure the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 xclarity controller(or BMC) ip address from vmware esxi 6.5? Currently, I am supporting client from remote location, so no access to the physical server.  I had the login and password to both esxi host and xclarity controller. The xclarity controller ip is accidently set to DHCP ip address.

Lenovo Employee ccchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 145
Message 2 of 4

Re: re-configure Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 xclarity controller ip address from vmware esxi 6.5

Hi cyrusniac,

I found this  IPMITOOL on VMware ESXi blog introducing how to use ipmitool command in ESXi. And then see Configuring the BMC IP address using ipmitool to configure the IP address. This may help to perform what you need.

I recommend that you should inform your client before you change anything on that server, no matter installing additional tool, or changing the software configuration.   

Lenovo Employee Hongwei
Lenovo Employee
Views: 142
Message 3 of 4

Re: re-configure Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 xclarity controller ip address from vmware esxi 6.5

If you can access XCC through browser, then you can easy to change the XCC IP address:

1. Login XCC usieng XCC IP address through Browser

2. In the left column, chose BMC Configuration--->Network

3. In the right column, you can change IP address, need reboot XCC after you changed you setting

Reboot XCC:

1. In the left column, chose Home

2.In the right column, Quick Actions---Restart Management Controller

thanks.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 109
Message 4 of 4

Hello cyrusniac,

Welcome to the community!

I made an article for this exact scenario:

How to set the BMC IP address through ESXI

This can all be done remotely from the ESXI CLI.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors