Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login andCommunity FAQs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
What's DOS?

Can't uninstall RNR 3.01.0037

In the control panel, add/remove programs, said "can't find "Rescue and Recovery -Client Security Solution.msi"", and let me locate it. How can I do and where is the msi file?
Punch Card

Re: Can't uninstall RNR 3.01.0037

In case you did not see this : ( credit to original poster ) :

Segun,

I have not received any official answer, but I found out how to uninstall 3.0 anyway.

The problem was that somehow the registry files pointed to an installation of 3.1 - probably as the result of a botched installation attempt of system update. These registry records made it impossible to remove 3.0 via the control panel uninstall routine - the registry information (3.1) was in conflict with the *.msi installer file (3.0).

The solution was  using "windows installer cleanup", a free utility provided by Microsoft, to get rid of the (wrong) installer information. You will find the utitilty on the windows website.

Step 1: Check the current version of rnr (run rnr and check the version in the help file) - in my case it was 3.0

Step 2: Use "Windows installer cleanup", look for "rescue and recovery" and press remove

Step 3. Reinstall rnr x.y (3.0 in my case) by going to c:\ibmtools\apps\rnr and running tvtnr3.exe or whichever trtnrxy.exe

Step 4: Uninstall rnr x.y via the control panel uninstall routine.

Pag
Paper Tape

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This post was very helpfull for me!
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again

I had the same problem and thought I'd be needing to do the Factory Restore and all those MS and Lenovo updates again....

Thank you spaberleir I followed your process, albeit using the new MS utility at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651 and worked a treat!

So pleased with the result, I joined the forum just to say thanks!

Cheers,

Pete