Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Paper Tape

Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Hello all,

I wish I hadn't started this so late in the evening, but I've been burning Vista Business 32-bit recovery discs via Lenovo's shortcut in the start menu, and I've burned 4 discs so far (Verbatim CD-R's), and now when trying to burn Product Recovery Disc 4, I keep getting errors. The first disc failed during burn, and now the subsequent 3 discs have failed during the verify stage... I'm using an IBM external CD drive because my X61 has no optical drive.

I only have 2 blank discs left... do I just go and buy some different brand to see if they work? If I call Lenovo tomorrow can I get free recovery discs sent? I don't want to interrupt the process and risk ruining my ability to burn the discs (which is important because I have Lenovo's Windows 7 upgrade discs on the way) so I'll leave the error message and program open and just put the laptop into standby I guess Smiley Sad

Paper Tape

Re: Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Well I called in to Lenovo Remote Tech Support and the first guy wasn't helpful, and the second guy actually created a case for me but it basically ended up to be either I try again, or pay $40-$60 for the recovery media =/

I'm going to try using a friend's external DVD burner (my X61 has no internal optical drive of course) and burn it on DVDs versus CDs.

Retired Employee

Re: Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Hi,

yes with a different Recovery CDs it will work.,
The only thing, then what will stay left is to make sure, that you also reinstall the drivers, as they might not match.

Cheers