cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 9,340

Question

I am running Windows 7 and when I try to back up my system using enhanced backup and restore, I get a message saying "you have reached your defined space limit reserved for backup storage", with added storage requesting me to click OK.  When I click OK, I get the same box again.

Answer

You can increase capacity, but may need to be in advanced mode to make the change.

1) Open rescue & recovery from windows start menu

2) Select advance mode

3) Next, select set schedule & preferences button

4) Change the the backup storage space

Was this information helpful?

Comments
peter112233

Hi Mark,

Can you please explain what the backup storage space field is for? The maximum allowed value is 99GB in version 4.3 of Rescue and Recovery. But I am backing up a 500GB hard drive with approximately 250GB space used, so clearly my backup requirements will exceed 99GB.

Thanks,

Peter

peter112233

Correction about the version number in my previous post - it is version 4.31, not 4.3. (Not sure if that makes a difference.)

I.e.:

Can you please explain what the backup storage space field is for? The maximum allowed value is 99GB in version 4.31 of Rescue and Recovery. But I am backing up a 500GB hard drive with approximately 250GB space used, so clearly my backup requirements will exceed 99GB.