cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 205,365

Lenovo Service Bridge (LSB.exe) is a Windows program that will automatically detect your Lenovo computer’s serial number, machine type and model. It then passes this information to our website so that we can better assist you with your support needs. This replaces the need to search or browse for your product when you need support.

More information concerning LSB is available at www.lenovo.com/support “Detect My Product” section, in the link “Learn more about Service Bridge”.

An issue with LSB may prevent an Idea-branded product from being identified correctly.  In some cases, LSB is identifying Lenovo-branded products as a Think-branded product.  In other cases, LSB is not able to identify the product at all and may pop up an message.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.

UPDATE 7/9/15

A an update has been made to resolve this and LSB should now detect Idea-branded products properly.  We invite you to try LSB again by visiting our homepage, and clicking on “Detect My Product”.

Affected Configurations

The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:

• Idea Tablet, IdeaPad, IdeaCentre

Applied OS

The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:

• Microsoft Windows 7
  • Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7
  • Microsoft Windows 8
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1
  • Microsoft Windows Vista

Solution

If you encounter these issues with identifying your product, you may manually find your product on our website by utilizing our “Search Products” or “Browse Products” features.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
lenovo_user_g
I downloaded Lenovo Service Bridge, but when I open the file a screen appears saying it will detect my product and this might take a few minutes, then this screen dissapears and then nothing happens. Lenovo Service Bridge isn't working on my system. I can't even download driver updates because of this problem... Can someone help? Ideapad z580, Windows 8, Firefox.
troberge

Your Support Page "Detect My Product" button does not work for Yoga 900

Any idea when this will get fixed?

rothie
Every time I restart my Thinkpad 11e,I get a pop up trying to run a Lenovo program for LSB.exe.It never gives me any response if I tell it to run,and it just keeps coming back with every restart.How do I correct this or get rid of it? I am running Win10 Pro and am up to date on Windows and Lenovo updates.
Petes_T500
Lenovo Service Bridge execution problem After sucessful download l tried to start the program but got the following error message "Error starting local HTTP server for Lenovo Service Bridge. Please check if one of the following ports is available: 50123, 50124, 50125." What does this mean? How do I fix it? Thanks, Petes_T500
wmj259

@Petes_T500, Im havingg the same issue.

j3nnee

I'm having a different issue with this product. Hopefully this is the right place to post it?

I uninstalled the Lenovo Bridge because I didn't need it and it wasn't working correctly.

I have Win 7 on my computer but the error I'm now getting is that even though the program has been successfully uninstalled and I can see nothing in the registry or any other obvious place that points back to Service Bridge still having any residual files on my PC, it's giving me an error at start up (checked that too) saying it cannot find:

... \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Lenovo\Lenovo Service Bridge.appref-ms

someone I know told me to just put in a fake file with that name and see if that will fix the issue but I'd like to actually "fix" it eventually incase that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

siva1973

I have bought a Lenovo Portable Harddrive (F309) and it is not detected my service bridge. I just need to check warranty status of my product

TMariusC
Lenovo B51-80 Lenovo Service Bridge I'm getting the message: Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor. What to do?
ccjts

I downloaded and installed Lenovo Service Bridge for my machine type (T400). Then I click on it in the Start menu (Windows 7). A pop-up window says:

Lenovo Service Bridge is already running. - But that's it: nothing more specific.

How to proceed? What shall I do? This thread didn't help to answer the question either.

ccjts

Any help with this? My ‎02-26-2017 post, would be helpful. (This forum topic looks different than all the others.)

tajniagent

Hi guys, I have V110-15IAP and I installed Support Bridge. When I start it I see it in task manager and it is running but as soon as I try to detect my product or something it kills the app in task manager. Is there any solution for that? 

Basically, all I want is to download drivers but I cant download them as when I click download it leads me to that page for Support Bridge..

Testing12346

This article does not explain why LSB is needed. I cannot install any application that is written by a Chinese company. The fact that such a utility is not necessarily but forced upon us just increase the suspicion that LSB is just a malicious piece of software.

I need to reinstall my Lenovo ideapad because the wifi driver is dead. It does not have a wired port, so the only way is to download the drivers from another PC. I don't another ideapad of the same model. How am I going to download the drivers using LSB?

Why can't we download drivers just as simple files? Is there another web site for this?

Splash2splash

Oops, I see over the years many Q's on the same issues I experience, no answers on those questions so far.
My question is like the others: I keep wondering why the LSB doesn't seem to work? I installed LSB that one because I kept wondering why it takes my Ideapad 330-171KB (W 10) never less than 4 to 5 minutes to startup from day one I bought it... Maybe I should install more 'things'???
The one positive thing: I always have time to make me a nice coffee before I start!

Contributors